Dr. Jeff, Dr. Soo and Dr. Betina may recommend an orthodontic appliance as part of your treatment plan. Orthodontic appliances help move your teeth into their proper positions, and you may be surprised at just how many appliances there are! We will work with you and your child to find the type of appliance that is right for your needs.
Some of the orthodontic appliances our orthodontists may recommend include:
- Carriere® Distalizers
- Forsus Appliance
- Invisalign® Retainers
- Lower Expanders
- Palatal Expanders
- Spring Aligners
- Tongue Cribs
- Thumb Cribs
Our orthodontists will discuss your smile goals and treatment plan with you as well as reviewing your orthodontic appliance options to find the type of appliance that will work best for your smile. Common orthodontic appliances include:
- Clear aligners — Clear aligners are a more discreet alternative to traditional braces. They are custom made to fit over your teeth, and because they are made of clear, smooth plastic, they are both comfortable and nearly invisible.
- Retainers — Retainers are provided after completing your treatment to help keep your teeth properly aligned.
- Mouth guards — Mouth guards are used to protect your teeth and smile from injury and damage. They are typically worn during athletic activities or at night to prevent damage from teeth grinding.
- Headgear — Headgear is typically recommended to improve bad bites, particularly those caused by problems in the upper jaw.
- Expanders — Expanders are devices used to create more space in the mouth by gradually widening the upper or lower jaw. They are most often used by children while their mouths and jaws are still developing.
If you have any questions about orthodontic appliances in Pataskala, New Albany, Westerville, Newark and Powell, Ohio, or would like to schedule a consultation with our orthodontists, contact Shirck Orthodontics today.