Invisalign® clear aligners and traditional braces are great options for straightening your smile. But what is the better choice for you and your smile? We invite you to learn more about Invisalign clear aligners and traditional braces in Pataskala, Ohio. Our orthodontists, Dr. Jeff, Dr. Soo and Dr. Betina, and team are happy to meet with you.
Invisalign clear aligners and traditional braces have the same function: improving your smile. However, they have important differences. The chart below discusses these differences.
Invisalign Clear Aligners
- Require self-regulation (you decide when to take your aligners out)
- Allow you to eat your favorite foods
- Are made out of a nearly invisible plastic material known as SmartTrack
- Require fewer orthodontist visits
- Tend to be recommended for simpler orthodontic cases
- Require less self-regulation (braces are fixed to your teeth)
- Limit your diet to prevent damage to your braces
- Consist of visible metal or steel wires and plastic, metal or ceramic brackets
- Require more orthodontist visits
- Can take care of both simple and severe orthodontic issues
In summary, Invisalign clear aligners are convenient and nearly transparent, and they are a good choice for teenagers and adults that feel comfortable self-monitoring and will wear their aligners for the recommended number of hours for the best results. On the other hand, traditional braces are a highly effective route that works with most orthodontic conditions. Since the braces are fixed in the mouth, they are a great option for those who do not want to worry about continually reinserting aligners.
Our orthodontists and team would be happy to consult with you about our available orthodontic options and what would be best for your smile. We invite you to contact us today to schedule a visit and start your journey towards a straighter, healthier smile!