At Shirck Orthodontics, each treatment plan is customized according to each patient’s desires. During the initial evaluation, Dr. Shirck will complete an oral exam and discuss whether the patient will require a special appliance to achieve the optimal results. It’s important to know that not every patient will need a separate appliance. Every recommendation that is made is based on a patient’s individual situation. We are the Childrens Orthodontist of choice in New Albany, Westerville and Pataskala.
The Appliances and What They Do
Not every patient will need a separate appliance. Every recommendation Dr. Shirck makes it based on your individual situation. Our orthodontic appliances are vast and each one offers its own orthodontic treatment.
- Used to provide modest correction to front teeth that have moved slightly out of alignment.
- They’re good at providing preventive care in cases where teeth might possibly shift in the future.
- It’s a custom-made piece that fits over teeth and keeps them from moving out of alignment.
- Because they are clear, you can wear them discreetly.
- It’s the first step to a straighter smile.
- It eases crowding and makes room for the patient’s top and bottom teeth to fit together.
- Similar to the palatal expander, a lower expander treats crowding so that care with conventional braces will be more effective. Not every patient who needs braces will need a palatal or lower expander.
- Mostly for young patients.
- Prevents the tongue from pressing against the front teeth when swallowing by keeping it completely away from teeth.
- Typically, patients only have to wear a tongue crib for a few months before braces treatment can begin.
- It’s designed to prevent young patients from behavior that can affect the alignment of teeth, specifically targeting thumb sucking.
- After treatment with a thumb crib is complete, braces treatment can begin.
- Reserved for more severe cases.
- It can provide the needed pressure and guidance while still allowing for a full range of motion.
- It works with existing braces and wires, and doesn’t require external apparatus (headgear).
- It corrects overbite without having to bring the lower teeth forward
- It’s used at the beginning of treatment when there are no competing forces in the mouth
It’s important to remember that there are two phases of treatment. Why? Your mouth is a very complex system and requires the utmost care. Certain parts of your mouth rely on other parts. It’s like a machine – each part needs tending for the whole system to operate sufficiently. We take the utmost care in providing a relaxing experience and professionalism that you just can’t find anywhere else.
Schedule an Appointment
For the best orthodontist in New Albany, Westerville & Pataskala, look no further than Dr. Shirck. Our offices in New Albany, OH, Westerville, OH and Pataskala, OH will handle whichever orthodontic treatment you need. We’re proud to serve our neighbors in Blacklick, Newark, Galena and beyond.