We Now Offer Invisalign Teen for Utica, OH!
If you have a teenager at home, then you’re probably perfectly aware of how image conscious they can be. You remember when they were younger and would wear anything as long as it had brightly colored cartoon characters, but now they spend hours in the mirror making sure not a single hair is out of place. It’s just a natural part of growing up.
Of course, if your child needs to have their teeth straightened, then the last thing they want is to get traditional metal braces. They probably already feel self-conscious about their teeth, and braces could just make it worse. Thankfully, Dr. Jeff and Dr. Jen at Shirck Orthodontics can now offer them an alternative so that they can get a straighter smile without having to worry about their appearance. With Invisalign in Utica, OH, your child can get the best of everything when it comes to appearance, comfort, speed, and effectiveness.
What is Invisalign Teen?
Invisalign Teen is an innovative and state-of-the-art treatment that helps younger patients fix their crooked teeth while preserving their natural appearance. Instead of using brackets and wires, it actually utilizes a series of clear plastic aligners that apply gentle pressure to the teeth. Each set of aligners is specially designed for each patient, and after they have worn their entire series, their smile will be beautifully straight.
Teens and adults alike just love this treatment because:
- The aligners themselves are practically invisible on the teeth.
- The smooth plastic fits comfortably over the teeth and against the lips and gums.
- The aligners are removable, so a patient can take them off whenever they need to eat or brush their teeth.
- In many cases, Invisalign Teen is actually able to complete treatment faster than traditional orthodontics.
- Since Invisalign Teen doesn’t need to be frequently adjusted like metal braces, you won’t have to bring your child in as often for progress checks, saving you both time and expense.
Invisalign Teen vs. Invisalign
Because you’re a parent, we know that you’ve likely done your research and seen that there is a treatment just called “Invisalign.” The question becomes, “What is the difference between Invisalign and Invisalign Teen?”
Invisalign is the original clear aligner system, so it works in the exact same way as Invisalign Teen. It was originally designed to be used by adults because it takes a certain amount of discipline to wear the aligners the required amount of time throughout the treatment (which is about 22 hours a day for 2 weeks for each aligner). If you have a teenager, then you know how forgetful and clumsy they can be. Invisalign Teen takes this into account, which is why it has two unique features:
- Each aligner has a small blue dot towards the back that will slowly dissolve as your child wears it. This will show you that they are actually wearing the aligners like they should, and it will help them keep track of when it is time to move onto the next one.
- Invisalign Teen comes with extra replacement trays in case one is lost or broken. Despite this, it will cost the exact same as traditional Invisalign.
These two small differences will help you monitor your teen’s progress and help in case “life happens,” which as any parent knows, is always a tremendous help.
Is Invisalign Teen Right for My Child?
If your child currently has crooked, crowded teeth or a misaligned bite, Invisalign Teen could be their clear path to a straighter smile. To see whether it is the right treatment for them, simply contact our office today for a free consultation.