Invisible Orthodontic Treatment
Do your crooked teeth make you feel self-conscious every day? Do you find yourself not smiling in pictures or covering your mouth with your hand whenever you laugh? Have you wanted to straighten them for years, but you can’t imagine going to work or seeing your friends while wearing metal braces? This is a predicament countless adults find themselves in, but now, there is an orthodontic solution designed just for them. With Invisalign in Powell, you can finally fix your crowded and gapped teeth without anyone noticing until the treatment is finished, ensuring the only thing they’ll notice will be your beautiful and confident smile.
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is an innovative orthodontic treatment that is actually very similar to traditional braces in a lot of ways. It works by applying a small amount of pressure to the teeth in order to bring them into their ideal positions. However, instead of using metal brackets and wires to do this, a patient just has to wear a progressive series of clear plastic aligner trays. Each set is worn for about 20-22 hours a day for two weeks each, and once a patient has gone through their entire series, their treatment is over, and their new smile will be ready for the world.
Why Powell Loves Invisalign
So why choose Invisalign over traditional braces? When you look at the unique benefits provided by Invisalign, it becomes an easy decision:
- Discreet Appearance: The aligner trays are thin, lightweight, and made of a see-through material that practically disappears when placed on the teeth. The only people who will know you’re using Invisalign will be you and your orthodontist in Powell!
- Unmatched Comfort: Invisalign is made of smooth plastic that is custom-shaped to fit each patient’s unique mouth, meaning many are actually able to forget they are wearing their trays.
- Easily Removable: Instead of having to alter your diet and brushing/flossing routine like you would with regular braces, with Invisalign, you can just slip your trays off whenever you need. This means you’ll be able to enjoy your favorite foods throughout treatment in addition to better oral hygiene.
- Speed: The average treatment time for Invisalign is 12-18 months, which is much shorter compared to braces that usually take about 24-36 months to straighten the teeth.
- Cost: Unlike at other practices, at Shirck Orthodontics, Invisalign costs the exact same as traditional braces. With us, you won’t pay a premium to get the treatment you need!
Getting Invisalign at Shirck Orthodontics
If you’re interested in Invisalign, the team at Shirck Orthodontics makes it nice and simple to get started. You can schedule a FREE initial consultation at our Powell office, and at this appointment, we’ll give you a quick exam and let you know if you’re a good fit for the treatment. Invisalign is ideally suited for patients who are 18 and older who don’t have major alignment problems with their bite and jaw. If you have more complex orthodontic issues, they may be better addressed with traditional braces.
If everything looks good, your orthodontist will quickly scan your mouth to create a 3D digital impression of your teeth. They can then use this to create your Invisalign treatment plan. You’ll actually get to see what your smile will look like after Invisalign, giving you something to look forward to. From there, this plan will be sent to an Invisalign lab to make your trays, which you’ll pick up a week or so later from our office. At that point, you can begin your journey to a straighter smile.
To schedule your FREE consultation so you can get started with Invisalign right away, give us a call today.