Finding an orthodontist isn’t as cut and dried as it may seem. Every website, billboard, and television advertisement proclaims a new best orthodontist. You may be familiar with a long running New York City joke about the “best” cup of coffee, and wading through advertisements and websites for orthodontists can feel like searching for the actual best cup of coffee in a slew of “best” cups of coffee. At Shirck Orthodontics, we believe that Dr. Jeffery Shirck and his team truly provide the best orthodontic care in Columbus, OH, but we think you should be the judge of that. That’s why we’re letting you in on the secrets to finding the right orthodontist for you. If you want to find out more about Shirck Orthodontics and the top-notch services we provide, call to schedule a consultation today.
How to Find a Great Orthodontist in Columbus, OH
While advertising will tell you that every orthodontist in Columbus is outstanding, there are a few places you can turn to get more specific information, and find a great dentist who will meet your needs.
- Start with the basics – Look into the training and education the doctor received to make sure the orthodontist is well trained and participates in continuing education. Make sure that the practice hours and location are convenient, and that the office looks clean, safe, and state-of-the-art.
- Dig a little deeper – Once you’re sure the doctor and facility meet your standards, look into what others are saying. Start with reviews on sites like Yelp, Google+, and Angie’s List. Look for reviews that provide specific, detailed accounts of actual treatment rather than generic “it’s great” reviews. Additionally, look into local better business bureau, town council, and other area “top dentists” awards and recognitions. Finally, make sure to ask your dentist for a recommendation and get specific information about why they recommend this orthodontist.
- Get the picture – You’ve probably heard the sayings, “seeing is believing,” or “a picture is worth a thousand words.” When it comes to orthodontic work, this couldn’t be truer. One of the best ways to find out about an orthodontist is to view before and after photos. Almost every orthodontist will share a photo gallery of his or her work, and these can be a great opportunity to view actual results.
- Find out more – You wouldn’t buy a car without a test drive, but many patients choose an orthodontist before they ever see the inside of the office. Call to schedule a consultation with a practice you’re interested in to make sure that they don’t just “look good on paper.”
- The Basics – Dr. Shirck completed all of his higher education studies at the Ohio State University. He earned his BS in Biology graduating suma cum laude, was 1st in his dental school class, completed a 3 year specialty residency in orthodontics, as well as earning a Master’s Degree in craniofacial biology. He continues to participate in and teach continuing education courses each year. Dr. Shirck’s practice also has 3 convenient locations in Pataskala, New Albany and Westerville to better serve the Columbus area.
- Dig a little deeper – Our patients love us. According to a recent patient review on Google+, “We loved the staff, how efficient they were with our visits, how fun they made working through each phase and especially how we felt like part of one big family.” Additionally, Dr. Shirck’s peers have recognized his skill naming him one of Columbus Monthly’s top dentists for the last 5 years, he is a 2015 Invisalign premier provider, and received the 2012 commitment to excellence award for his work with children who have special needs from the Down Syndrome Association.
- Get the picture – Our patients love showing off their beautiful smiles the day they get their braces off, and we couldn’t be prouder. Check out the smile gallery for some of our best work.
- Find out more – Call to schedule a consultation today!
How Dr. Shirck Measures Up
Call the Orthodontist Columbus, OH Relies On
When it comes to experienced, gentle, reliable, and convenient care, Dr. Shirck and his orthodontics team are truly the best in Northern Ohio. Call to schedule your consultation today. Shirck Orthodontics welcomes patients from surrounding areas including Westerville, Sunbury, New Albany, Alexandria, Granville, Johnstown, Newark, Blacklick, and Reynoldsburg.